12/05/2015

I have a date!

Last week I got a call from Peg at Dr. Feigenbaum's office and we have the green light from my insurance to proceed with surgery!  For the past two months, I've tried to put it out of my mind and forget about getting that call. Otherwise, I'd be driving myself crazy waiting. It was a great surprise. Then, this past week, the nurse Katie called and scheduled my surgery! It will be January 13th.

We booked our flights for the 12th - 22nd, our hotel and our car. We should be good to go! We booked an extended stay hotel with a kitchenette and living room for more space. I have three special friends in Dallas I can't wait to see again. Two cysters from Dallas and a childhood friend. I also found out some great news. Another cyster I have bonded with online from Jacksonville has her surgery scheduled the day before me! She is only two years younger than me and has two young daughters. My oldest and her youngest are only 3 months apart! Our follow up appointments are even on the same day! It's been great talking to her and we both feel so much stronger knowing we will have a friend there going through the same thing at the same time. We hope to visit each other in the hospital if possible, but we are trying to book the same hotel so we can see each other (even if it means hobbling down the hall on a walker and relaxing in bed) during our recovery period. God is good!

It feels so relieving to finally have a date. Mom will be living at our house with the kids while we are gone and probably for 5 weeks post-op as well. At least since my surgery is before Christmas, I should be able to spend more family time than will be possible after surgery.

More good news. We hired a housekeeper which is a HUGE help. I've had several friends from my son's school, church, and neighborhood offer to bring us meals. They've offered for several months but I've always declined because, while we are getting by right now, it's going to be much worse after surgery and that is when we will need the most help. But, we finally had to admit to ourselves that, yes, we do need help right now. Church friends are going to help bring us some meals once a week. I asked for once a week because I don't want people to get burned out after surgery. Praise God for the wonderful friends and support system He has placed in our lives.

Still working on my part 3 of Difficult Seasons. It's really caused me to pause and reflect on my beliefs and how I handle adversity. Taking some more time than I anticipated but I promise it's still coming!

Thank you friends who have been keeping up with me and continuing to pray for me and my family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment