9/07/2016

I've Been a berry bad blogger - 8 Months post-op

Nope, I'm not dead. Yep, I survived surgery. And, yes, I have been a very, very BAD blogger. I have totally dropped the ball on this one.

I am happy to say that 8 months post-surgery, I am FINALLY, for the love of God, seeing progress. It has been SO S.....L.....O.....W. People told me, I read it, and I heard it from other cysters who had the surgery that this would be a long, painful and difficult recovery. I knew this. However, you can't really digest how long 6 months - 2 years of recovery really is until you are in the thick of it. Until this past month, I've still been virtually bed bound due to pain I have if active. Instant pain when on my feet, sitting or standing. The progress that I've made is that now, most days, I can finally get out again, without immediate pain, for roughly 2 hours. After that point, my debilitating pain in my legs returns and back to the bed for me. But, this is progress and I haven't been able to go out without severe consequences in over a year. I still do not drive much. I'm afraid to go more than 5 minutes away from home because I have had severe pain in my right leg from my butt down if my foot and leg are flexed in the driving position. I've only driven a handful of times. We are very blessed that my son's teacher picks him up in the mornings and that my husband gets off of work in time to pick him up after school.

I have been in touch with my 4 other cysters who had surgery the same time I did. I know we should never compare ourselves in terms of recovery but it seems that everyone else is doing about the same as me, if not behind.

I've been off of here for so long that I'm not even sure where to start. So, I'll start from surgery next post and explain the procedure, hospital stay and 10 days in Dallas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment